contact us
Vasin Accountants & Taxation Advisors
WELCOME Outsourcing Services  

How can I obtain a copy of my tax return?

Accounting firms store a copy of all tax returns they lodge and your accountant can send you a copy by email, facsimile or post. It should be noted, however, that Australian tax laws place the responsibility of keeping records with you, the taxpayer. Tax returns should be kept for at least five years and we recommend that you keep two copies, an electronic copy and a hard copy.

At Maurice Vasin & Associates we somewhat alleviate the taxpayer’s responsibility of storing their tax returns. Each tax return and assessment notice issued by the Australian Taxation Office is stored in an electronic filing cabinet so that they can be retrieved and sent to you at a moments notice. We send you all the originals of these documents and keep copies in case the originals are destroyed, misplaced or lost. Our systems are safely backed up each day.

A copy of your tax return can be used to show evidence of income. Lending institutions, such as banks, often request a copy of your tax return when assessing your personal or business’ borrowing capacity. Similarly, investment houses require copies of tax returns to determine whether an entity meets their investor requirements. If required we can send a copy of your tax return directly to a specified lending institution to speed up the loan approval process.  



Tax Minimisation Strategies









contact us | disclaimer

© 2007 Vasin Accountants & Taxation Advisors. Created by

Email Us