contact us
Vasin Accountants & Taxation Advisors
WELCOME Outsourcing Services  

I lost my tax refund cheque. How do I get a new one?

If your refund cheque is lost, misplaced or destroyed, you can contact your accountant or the Australian Taxation Office to arrange for a replacement cheque to be mailed to you. You will need your tax file number or Australian Business Number on hand when liaising with the Australian Taxation Office.

Here are some of the questions you will need to answer:

1) Which income year needs a replacement cheque?
2) Was the original refund cheque lost, misplaced or destroyed?
3) Do you want to receive your tax refund via electronic funds transfer or by cheque?
4) Would you like a copy of the Notice of Assessment?

The tax refund cheque is attached to the Notice of Assessment. The Tax Office issues the Notice of Assessment which shows your taxable income. You will need to keep the Notice of Assessment in a safe place as it may be requested by the Australian Taxation Office, your bank, your lending institution or Centrelink.



Tax Minimisation Strategies









contact us | disclaimer

© 2007 Vasin Accountants & Taxation Advisors. Created by

Email Us